OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT A.A.S.
Completion of the ATI TEAS allied health entrance exam is required of all applicants to the OTA program.
Admission to the OTA program is selective and limited to assure that the number of students enrolled in the program is proportionate to the available instructional and clinical resources.
OTA APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 福利彩票app下载安装 ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED
The next semester to apply for the Occupational Therapy Assistant program at the Fulton Campus will be the Fall 福利彩票app下载安装 semester. The postmarked deadline for applications and supporting materials has been extended to April 17, 福利彩票app下载安装. Applicants who met the original March 1, 福利彩票app下载安装 deadline will receive priority consideration.
Admission to the OTA program is a two-application process. Applicants must fill out the Admissions application and an OTA Admission Application. Completion of these two applications does not guarantee admission to the program.
Step 3: Take the OTA Entrance Exam
New full- and part-time students seeking admission to the OTA program must file both Cayuga Admission Application and an OTA program application. Preadmission requirements pertaining to medical or disabling conditions are prohibited by the regulation of the Americans with Disabilities Act. For students with documented functional limitations, reasonable accommodations will be made through Cayuga’s Office of Accessibility Resources.
OTA courses are offered one time per year and must be taken in sequence starting in the fall semester. Although the program may be completed in two years, students may opt to take longer to complete their degree requirements.
The following pre-requisites must be completed before applying to the OTA program:
- Official high school transcript or official general equivalency diploma (GED/TASC)
- High school average of B (80%) or higher OR cumulative college GPA 2.5 or higher
- Applicants who possess a GED/TASC will be accepted into the Liberal Arts and Sciences: Math and Science major until a college grade point average (GPA) is established. Once a GPA has been established, students can then apply to the OTA program.
- English Language Proficiency as demonstrated by compliance with minimum required TOEFL score, required if English is not a first language.
- Successful completion (grade C, 73% or higher) of either high school biology with a lab or introductory college biology with a lab (Cayuga’s BIOL 100, BIOL 101, BIOL 103 or equivalent course).
- Testing or placing into Cayuga’s Math 102 or higher or completion of Cayuga’s Math 099 (grade C, 73% or higher) or higher or have taken Cayuga’s Math 099 or higher at another institution.
- Testing or placing into Cayuga’s English 101-Freshman English 1 or completion of Cayuga’s English 101 (grade C, 73% or higher) or higher, or have taken Cayuga’s English 101 or higher at another institution.
- Satisfactory scores on the ATI TEAS® allied health entrance exam due by April 17, 福利彩票app下载安装 deadline. Cost of exam is incurred by the applicant. Specific dates of the ATI TEAS® are to be determined.
- Each OTA program applicant is responsible for assessing his or her own computer competency. Students must possess basic proficiency in computer use, including the ability to use databases and search engines to access information, word processing for writing, and email for attaching files as needed.
- Access to a reliable internet connection is required throughout the program.
The following chemistry or physics prerequisite must be completed prior to admission to the OTA program.
Applications will be considered for students who are currently enrolled in one of the courses listed below by April 17, 福利彩票app下载安装. Students will be required to provide evidence of a satisfactory midterm grade (grade C, 73% or higher) in order to be considered for admission to the OTA program. Admission to the OTA program will be dependent upon the successful completion of one of the following courses and upon space availability in the program.
- High school chemistry with a lab grade C, 73% or higher
- College chemistry with a lab (Cayuga’s CHEM 101, CHEM 103 or equivalent course) grade C, 73% or higher
- Nursing ABC Chemistry grade C, 73% or higher
- High school physics with a lab grade C, 73% or higher
- College physics with a lab (Cayuga’s PHYS 103, PHYS 104 or equivalent course) grade C, 73% or higher
Admission to the OTA program is selective. Attendance at an OTA information session is highly encouraged. Dates and locations for information sessions will be made available on this website.
- Must complete and submit a Cayuga Admission Application and an OTA program application, including official transcripts.
- Must complete ATI TEAS® allied health entrance exam by April 17, 福利彩票app下载安装.
- Applications received by the original March 1, 福利彩票app下载安装 deadline will take priority.
- Two professional references are required as part of the completed application and must be submitted by the extended deadline of April 17, 福利彩票app下载安装.
- Applicants not accepted must reapply to be considered for admission the following year.
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS
DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS®) must be taken by all applicants to the Occupational Therapy Assistant program at Cayuga Community College. Completion of the ATI TEAS® does not guarantee admission. Performance on the ATI TEAS® is one of the several factors involved in the OTA admission decision.
The ATI TEAS® is a four-option, multiple-choice test that measures a student’s ability in reading, math, science, and English and language usage. The time limit for the assessment is 3 hours and 29 minutes.
|Friday||January 31, 福利彩票app下载安装||10:00 AM|
|Tuesday||February 4, 福利彩票app下载安装||3:00 PM|
|Thursday||February 6, 福利彩票app下载安装||10:00 AM|
|Monday||February 10, 福利彩票app下载安装||3:00 PM|
|Wednesday||February 12, 福利彩票app下载安装||10:00 AM|
|Tuesday||February 25, 福利彩票app下载安装||10:00 AM|
|Thursday||February 27, 福利彩票app下载安装||3:00 PM|
|Tuesday||March 3, 福利彩票app下载安装||10:00 AM|
|Thursday||March 12, 福利彩票app下载安装||3:00 PM|
|Wednesday||March 18, 福利彩票app下载安装||10:00 AM|
|Monday||March 23, 福利彩票app下载安装||3:00 PM|
|Wednesday||April 1, 福利彩票app下载安装||10:00 AM|
|Tuesday||April 14, 福利彩票app下载安装||10:00 AM|
All tests will take place at the Cayuga Community College Fulton Campus in the Center for Academic Success in the Learning Commons. We are located at .
REGISTERING AND PAYING FOR THE ATI TEAS®
The cost of the ATI TEAS is $70.00 approximately. Registration and payment for the ATI TEAS® are done online at . Students must register in advance before testing. If students do not show up for their scheduled time, then they will have to re-pay to register for another test. The ATI TEAS® must be taken before the extended deadline of April 17, 福利彩票app下载安装.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR TESTING
Cayuga Community College offers appropriate and reasonable academic accommodations to students with documented disabilities. Accommodations and services for students with disabilities are accessed through the Office of Accessibility Resources located within the Center for Academic Success. Applicants to the Occupational Therapy Assistant program may request accommodations for the OTA Entrance Exam. To ensure that disability-related accommodations are arranged for the OTA Entrance Exam promptly, applicants need to submit their disability-related documentation to the Office of Accessibility Resources at least two weeks prior to their scheduled exam date. Applicants should review the Office of Accessibility Resources’ Documentation Guidelines for information about what disability-related documentation will be required to receive accommodations for the exam. Once the Accessibility Specialist has reviewed the applicant’s disability-related documentation, he or she will be contacted by the Office of Accessibility Resources to discuss the authorized accommodations and the process for taking the OTA Entrance Exam with accommodative testing supports.
You will receive your ATI TEAS® results immediately upon completion of the test. Please save your scores and documentation of the assessment for your records. Through your ATI account, you may do a Focused Review after taking the assessment. This will help you brush up on skills you might have missed on the assessment. When you access your test results, you will be presented the opportunity to do a Focused Review.
The results of this pre-admission test will be one of the several elements evaluated in the application process to the OTA program. Performance on the ATI TEAS® alone does not guarantee admission. Your results are provided immediately to the college. You do not need to send your test results to Cayuga.
Re-testing is permitted one time with the purchase of an additional test. The entire test must be retaken, not just one component. Based on the student’s Adjusted Individual Test Score, the higher of the two scores will be used for evaluating the student’s application.
After being accepted into the OTA program, the student must show evidence of the following by August 15:
- Occupational Therapy Assistant students are required to have an annual physical examination and must complete Part IV — OTA Students Only section in Health Report Form. Complete the form and return to your campus Health Office.
- The health record must show no physical condition that would exclude the safe performance of the Functional Skills of the OTA student.
- Completed Mantoux test and immunization records.
- Compliance with New York State health requirements.
The student must complete a healthcare provider CPR course and maintain certification throughout the program and fieldwork periods. Both certification (BLS for Adults, Infant and Child) and (BLS for Healthcare Providers) are valid for two years. Online certification or re-certification is not accepted. “Heart Saver” and “Community CPR” do not meet the CPR requirement. Evidence of CPR certification must be submitted to the OTA program director by August 15.